Life as a Webmaster


My life as a webmaster has taught me so much about the world and the direction that it is taking. On one end we have an economic boom of technology and on the other there is this economic boom of kayos.

Ok back to being a webmaster, that’s my job and I love it. One thing that interests me is the direction that 3d and motion graphics is taking, I have managed to for the first time smell the delights of mainstream at my doorstep, the gap between JWM and TV is slowly closing in, and I can step into a new dimension, untapped and yet very competitive.

So many things to learn, just getting handy with CSS. Yup cascading style sheets is a really nice layout language (if you really want to save code). PHP and MySQL are my sweethearts and I am married to those two. Seeing that my platform is Unix/Linux I have to support my PHP. ASP is cool, but that’s for the windows platform. I would love to get my feet wet on that platform some day.

Swift 3d is a bad boy; I am still a baby and am crawling in this program. I am relieved that I am not limited to a two dimensional space. I can rotate things, add lighting, and mold and shape just about any thing. Web and Graphics design is currently being enhanced with 3d so it’s good to get into the game early before it becomes standard and the mad rush begins. Maxon Cinema 4d, Maya, 3d Studio Max and ZBrush for now are a dream. Accolades go out to those who know these programs (I really envy you).

Flash, Dream weaver and Fireworks. These are the three Kings right here. Work cannot be done without these guys. Check out the new Studio 8, would love to get it but am still in MX 2004. Flash 8 video is going to revolutionize the way video is being played on the web, and it has a neat little encoder that converts any video format to FLV, no more using QuickTime to do the job.

Adobe Premiere and After Effects, just tinkering around and like what I see, the prospects are very high for an average Joe like myself when it comes to using these programs. The only problem that I have with them is the darn rendering, sorry for you if you don’t have a sold Athlon 64 or p4. It wouldn’t make sense that you even try to run them. Combustion 4 rocks! Never used it but I have seen what it can do and that holds the key to getting good 3d and video work done all in one place.

Inspiration 6, notepad, cute ftp, ws_ftp, irfran view, Photoshop, Corel Draw and others are my darlings, they keep the family together, and they just live so perfectly like ebony and ivory.

Those darn projects when will they get done? Also when will I improve and perfect my design? It’s a long and frustrating wait. I have yet to Launch JWMStudios.com v5; it’s just in the fragments of my mind at the moment. Sometimes it comes out on paper then it goes into the trash can. My question is “What can I create that has not already been created?” and “How can I be original?” JWM would love to leave a watermark too.

Aww well that’s just the life of a webmaster, I guess regardless of ones career there is always a price to pay in order to gain respect or to move up the ranks. College is stress! My daily life is stress! Oh but my girl keeps me balanced hee hee, yes I am not a super geek I can get laid! Ok it’s good to have a sense of humour. In the end I can say life as a webmaster is fun, there are new programs and new technology constantly emerging, but it can become a drag when I log on to CNN.com everyday and see all that kayos going on in the world, it makes me feel like the end is coming you know. It scares the hell out of me.

And also my local media with its sad depressing stories. It’s like the whole world is depressed or is it just me? At one end there is a certain class of people with a type of lifestyle that you want to fit into, and on the other end is a type of people that are ignorant and not aware of present reality. I am caught in the middle yet I don’t envy neither groups, they both have their pros and cons.
Anyway this article has done its time,

Comments